Adobe 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melody mann

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
3.x
hi! I have Lightroom 3 installed on my Mac. Recently, my pictures will not import properly and thousands of my pictures are missing. Can anyone help me with this? Also, if I want to upgrade to a new version of Lightroom, what is the best way to do that?

Welcome to the forum. Can I assume that your LR Forum profile is correct wrt OS version?

"thousands of my pictures are missing." suggests that you have moved these outside of LR. LR keeps a pointer (path reference) to each image stored in the catalog file. Move, rename or delete those images using Finder and LR's pointer is no longer valid. You need to find the image or the moved folder containing several images using OS Xs Spotlight or Finder. Once you have done that, you can in LR relocate the missing images.
"my pictures will not import properly" can pertain to a host of different issues. Can you be more specific? What happens when you insert a camera card into your card reader and attempt to import? Is the Volume containing the destination folder full and there is no more room to hold these images? Can LR not read these images on the camera card? IF they are a RAW file format (not JPEG) could this be a new camera not supported by your old LR3 version?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back