Status
Not open for further replies.

Samoreen

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Classic
Hi,

If you are not satisfied by the way LR handles X-Trans files, there's now a new tool available : Iridient X-Transformer for Windows (currently available as beta version). It allows you to benefit from the vastly superior Iridient demosaicing algorithm for RAF files without totally breaking the LR RAW workflow. I have tested it extensively and the results are amazing. None of the problems encountered in LR when handling X-Trans RAWs is showing up with IXT. It's really easy to use and fast.

IXT can be invoked as an external editor (as explained in the product documentation) or via a script (as I explained in this post Re: using IXT from Lightroom: Fujifilm X System / SLR Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review extracted from this rather long but interesting DPReview thread : Link to Iridient demosaic RAF>DNG tool for PC: Fujifilm X System / SLR Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review ).

Here is a sample crop comparing IXT with LR (IXT on the left).

Iridient_Transformer4.JPG

If you decide to test it, I recommend that you read the explanations provided in the help file about why the author decided to use the DNG format. It's very instructive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back