• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Bug in LR5.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

epb

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Running LR5.2RC on an iMac/ML10.8.4 I discover a bug - or a hidden feature ;-)

After having selected publication folder (I'm using Jeffrey Friedels flickr plugin) I can no longer select any other folder for displaying, editing etc.
I've tried to change folder by using the left panel and the archive stripe at the bottom. Neither will work.

Exiting LR5.2RC and starting again, the 'lock-in' is gone, unless I select again any publishing folder...

Anyone can help?

Welcome to the forum epb! That's a weird one indeed. I can't replicate it here so far. Is there maybe a step I'm missing? Can anyone else replicate it?

Nope, not here although I don't use JF-Flickr, i do use other of his without issue.

I use jfFlickr (though mostly with smart publish collections). I can't replicate this problem either. I did one time click into a large smart collection and the grid window flashed a "Loading" message while LR recomputed the membership in the smart collection.

First of all, thanx for all your answers.
Unfortunately that makes the effect not go away... ;-)

I switches back and forth between 5.0 and 5.2RC, always the same.
As soon as I click into one of my publication folders (about 30, mixed fix and smart ones with a total of about 8000 pictures) the selected folder seems somehow to be locked. I can do everything with the picture in it (it appears as well in the film strip) but I can not make the grid nor the folmstrip to accept another folder. Hovering over or clicking on the hard-disk-folder, the navigator shows always the first picture of this folder, the folder title in the tree structure shows marked but neither the grid ('G') nor the filmstrip change. Quitting LR and re-starting helps (for a while...)

Any hint is appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back