Change folder or collection on second monitor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

benjiblanco

Hi, is there a way (or should this be in the request forum) to change the folder or collection you are viewing on a secondary monitor?

I have a 19inch cheapish monitor and a 23inch cinema display.
I of course want to use my 23 as the main display.

I can view grid mode on the 19inch as the second display, and have the develop module on the 23, which is the way i like to work.
But i only have recent locations at the bottom of the second screen, not complete list of folders and collections, which id like.

I know i could work the other way round, and use the 19inch as the main, and show a loupe view on the 23inch, but id want to swap for any other app, and it still wouldnt give me a folder list.

Am i missing something, or should this be a feature request?

Many thanks

Ben

No, that's the way it works, just the MRU list as you noted. Feature request time.

More flexibility in configuring Lr's User Interface (à la Photoshop) has been devoutly requested by many since Lr's first release. Who knows what 3.' will bring.

Edit: have you experimented with the various hide/show modalities for the LeftHandPanel in the Grid Main View? Perhaps one of the auto or manual show/hide modes will at least make it less painful. (Right Click on the Panel reveal arrow, to access those features.) F6 thru F8 manually toggle the 4 edge panels.

thanks Brad, thought as much.

Have experimented with the panels, and yep, it can help.

I think the ability to choose recent locations is ok, and works well when your always moving forward in a pro workflow. But sometimes its nice when you have created a preset or come up with some develop settings and think, I wonder what it would look like on a pic i took 6 months ago, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back