Copying capture time metadata

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeterG

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
I am scanning a large number of slides which pick up the scan time as the capture time.
I have tried changing the capture time of one photo in Lightroom and then copying that capture time to other photos taken on the same day. This successfully changes the capture time of all the photos. However if I sort in grid view by capture time it doesn't recognise the new capture time of the photos copied to, only the first photo for which the capture time was changed manually.

Victoria
Thanks, I hadn't done. I have now downloaded the trial. I get the same issue using the plug-in. Although the capture time is changed Lightroom doesn't pick this up when sorting the grid by Capture Time. If I then go into Library - Metadata - Edit Capture Time and click on the "Change" button without changing anything it does pick it up, but that negates the purpose of the exercise. Am I doing something wrong?

Last edited:
Your profile says you're on 2015.5. If that's true, first port of call would be to update to 2015.10.1, which is the latest, just in case it's a bug that has since been fixed.

I am on 2015.10.1. I had forgotten to update my profile, which I will now do.

It sounds a bit buggy, for sure. It doesn't sound like you're doing anything wrong. When you say "copying that capture time to other photos taken on the same day", how are you doing that?

Initially I had tried:
Change Capture Time on one photo
Then with that photo selected in grid view: Library / Metadata / Copy Metadata then tick IPTC Image & Date Created
Then select all other photos taken on that day and: Metadata / Paste Metadata
This changed the Capture Time on all these photos, but Lightroom sorting in Grid View by Capture Time didn't use this new Capture Time, other than for the original photo changed.

I get the same result when I use the Capture Time to EXIF plug-in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back