• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Dell Precision 5520 Display, 4k or 1920x1080?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
I just ordered my new Dell Precision 5520. Both the 4k and the 1920x1080 displays are 100% rgb. I chose the 1920 over the 4k because it's a 15.6" display. I heard downscaling the 4k was producing sub standard results. 4k would be almost un-useable without it.
The two choices are
15.6" UltraSharp™ FHD IPS (1920x1080) Wide View Anti-Glare LED-backlit with Premium Panel Guarantee
15.6" UltraSharp™ UHD IGZO (3840x2160) Touch Wide View LED-backlit with Premium Panel Guarantee

Did I make the right decision? I'm starting to second guess myself. I can change my order for another day or maybe even two. What do those that know so much more than I think about this?

I maxed out all the options except the display.
Intel Core Xeon E3-1505M v6 Quad Core Xeon 3.00GHz, 4.00GHz
NVIDIA Quadro M1200 w/4GB
1TB M.2 PCIe Solid State Drive Class 50
32GB (2x16GB) 2400MHz DDR4 Non-ECC SDRAM
15.6 UltraSharp FHD IPS (1920x1080) Wide View Anti-Glare LED-backlit with Premium Panel Guarantee

I'm still using 5.7. I typically buy a new version every other release. I have 1, 3, 5 and now I'm waiting on 7. Sheez, will it ever get released? I know, I know. Those that know can't say..... Dang it already, it's way overdue. Come one Adobe.

Last, color calibration.
I currently use a spyder 4 pro.
Is the new version worth the upgrade? Is there something better, close in price range? Under $250 would be acceptable.

Kind regards
Dennis

New Precision 5520 | Dell United States

Last edited:
Dennis, you will not lose anything through your choice - enjoy!

Tony Jay

Thanks,
That's what my initial thoughts were as well.

Wow, this display is awesome. It sure is bright, almost too bright. The most interesting thing is looking at pictures I've previously edited. What a big difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back