• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Develop module strangeness....

Status
Not open for further replies.

saddlehorngal

Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
I am having an issue with LR that I've never experienced before.

I tend to use the mouse rather than keyboard shortcuts and over the years have formed the habit of taking an image from the grid in the library module into the develop module by clicking on the word "Develop" in the module picker.

Currently, I'm reviewing (and tagging with an x, nothing at all, or a star) hundreds of images and I'm working fairly quickly. If I want to see a particular image in full resolution before making a decision on tagging it, and I click on the word Develop, more often than not I'm not getting the full develop panel, but rather just the image and the toolbar below it and no panels at all. If I go back to the grid and try again, it's fine. If I try for a different image all I get is the image and the toolbar again. If I use the keyboard command of D it seems to work well more often though sometimes all I'm getting is the image and the toolbar. What's going on and how can I get this to behave properly again?

Thanks!
Saddlehorngal

Last edited:
Can you tell us your Lightroom version number please?

Make sure that the version is actually 2015.12. Help->About will tell you:
2017-09-12 17_53_24-5-2 - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom - Library.png

OK, next question. What OS are you using? Your profile indicates you're running Snow Leopard, which I don't think will run LRCC2015.12.

more often than not I'm not getting the full develop panel, but rather just the image and the toolbar below it and no panels at all.

I have seen this behaviour recently, to the utter frustration of the owner. While I cannot be definitive, I would put it down to a memory shortage, when too many apps were open and two many documents, emails etc in use. I sense that when Lightroom is not busy.... memory is borrowed by other apps and not returned when Lightroom next requires it.

I cannot be scientific about this, merely an observation. I do not have the skills / tools to dig into the Mac architecture.

Also ... maybe the machine was not rebooted for a while.

Nothing else running and I did restart LR and reboot computer yesterday to no avail. HOWEVER, just rebooted again and the problem SEEMS to have vanished. Hope all's well now....
:)

And could I ask that you update your profile?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back