Edit weirdness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pati

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
6.x
Whenever I launch LR and view my edits in Library Mode they revert back to how the originals were, then after waiting a few seconds, the edited versions come up. It happens to all the raw photos from my Pentax and Nikon cameras. It never used to do this. Anyone else seeing this happen? Can I do anything about it?

Sounds like your previews are regenerated each time. That is not normal and could mean that there is a problem in your previews cache. What you could try is delete that cache, so Lightroom will rebuild it. Go to your Pictures folder and look for a 'Lightroom' folder. That is your catalog folder. Inside it you'll find the catalog file '<Catalog name>.lrcat and the previews cache '<Catalog name> Previews.lrdata'. Delete that cache (or move it out of the folder) and start Lightroom again. At first your images will show no thumbnail at all, but then you'll see the thumbnails come back. And now they should 'stick'.

That seems to have done the trick. It also cleared up nearly 60 GB of hard drive space. :thumbsup:
Thank you!

That seems to have done the trick. It also cleared up nearly 60 GB of hard drive space. :thumbsup:
Thank you!

That disk space advantage is just temporarily. By the time Lightroom has regenerated all your thumbnails (that will take time, because Lightroom will only regenerate those it 'sees' in the grid) that advantage will be gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back