Export to Photoshelter with overwrite failing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Classic
Recently the option to export with Photoshelter plugin (v5.22) will not allow the "overwrite existing file" option in the export dialogue.
This happens for a non-synchronised folder yet I get this dialogue: Problem uploading to Photoshelter (401) Please synchronise your PhotoShelter gallery, then try to publish again: Cancel / Synchronise

Clicking Synchronise Now prompts this dialogue: ./PhotoShelterSync.lua:731:attempt to call method 'getPublishSettings' (a nil value)

So, I logged out and in to my Photoshelter account in the export dialogue, result: fail
Then I logged out and in to Photoshelter in my browser, result: fail
I checked the status of my Photoshelter a/c and it is current
I also logged out an in to LRCC2015.8 and the export overwrite option is still a failure
The other export options appear to work well, it's just the overwrite option, which makes me wonder if it is some sort of server-side folder protection going on.
So, I went to my browser to see if I could delete a photo in that same Photoshelter gallery and it worked fine.

Checking the Mac's debug report in Console I get this:

Mar 9 09:06:40 Adrian-Mallochs-MacBook Adobe Lightroom[35776]: AgMessageProcessor :: request DEBUG sending observable request( userdata: 0x6000022486c8, "setProxyCredentials", "", "" )

Mar 9 09:21:55 Adrian-Mallochs-MacBook Adobe Lightroom[35776]: Logger TRACE Replacing I0000_qeGYZr3vcI
Mar 9 09:21:58 Adrian-Mallochs-MacBook Adobe Lightroom[35776]: Logger TRACE Replacing returned 401
Mar 9 09:21:58 Adrian-Mallochs-MacBook Adobe Lightroom[35776]: Logger TRACE POSTed headers:
Mar 9 09:21:58 Adrian-Mallochs-MacBook Adobe Lightroom[35776]: Logger TRACE 1 = table: 0x6000084792c0:
Mar 9 09:21:58 Adrian-Mallochs-MacBook Adobe Lightroom[35776]: Logger TRACE Result:
Mar 9 09:21:58 Adrian-Mallochs-MacBook Adobe Lightroom[35776]: Logger TRACE "{"status":"error","error":{"code":401,"class":"SessionRequiredErr","message":"You must be logged into PhotoShelter to perform this action"},"usage":{"desc":"Image replace accepts an image file and an image ID. The image and metadata specified by the image id will be replaced by the uploaded image.\n\tThis module must be contacted using the HTTP multipart\/form-data encoding type (http:\/\/www.ietf.org\/rfc\/rfc1867.txt).","input":{"file":{"desc":"image file","required":"yes"},"f_searchable":{"desc":"is image publicly searchable (t|f)","required":"no"}},"output":[{"name":"id","desc":"image ID"},{"name":"file_name","desc":"image file name"}]},"data":null}"

Any thoughts?

This is one where you really need to contact the supplier of the Photoshelter plugin. I'm not sure whether that's Photoshelter themselves or some Dutch guy (not one at random, but I think a Dutch guy wrote the plugin).

John

I've heard the JPEGmini plug-in's having trouble in 6.9, so there may be a change in 6.9, if you've updated Lightroom.

This is one where you really need to contact the supplier of the Photoshelter plugin. I'm not sure whether that's Photoshelter themselves or some Dutch guy (not one at random, but I think a Dutch guy wrote the plugin).

John

Thanks John, I kinda figured that but felt it would just end up in a finger-pointing exercise involving Adobe, Photoshelter and Apple. I used to use the 'Dutch-guy plug-in' but have been successfully using the full Photoshelter developed one since it came out a year or so ago.
I'll post a bug-report at Photoshelter all the same

Last edited:
I've heard the JPEGmini plug-in's having trouble in 6.9, so there may be a change in 6.9, if you've updated Lightroom.

Cheers, Victoria. I was on 6.8 when I first noticed the bug a week ago. I've since updated to 6.9 and it's still there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back