1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lightroom Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to register and post your first thread under Help on the menubar above. You're also welcome to join our newsletter, download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBook and explore our other FAQ resources.
    Dismiss Notice

Greetings from 10,000'

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Froglips, Mar 15, 2017.

1. Froglips

Froglips New Member

Lightroom Experience:
    Beginner
    Primary OS:
    Windows 10
    Lightroom Version:
    Lightroom License:
    Perpetual (Standalone)
    Glad to find a Lightroom site with such a wealth of expertise and friendly people.

Like the profile says, I live in Crested Butte, CO. The house is actually at 9400' so 10,000' is more of a 30- minute hike away.

I am a Lightroom 5.7.1 user. When I try to search for topics on my version, the forum search engine says that it can't search for 5.7.1 because that is too common (odd, I don't feel common:). Is there some other method to search for topics pertaining to my version of Lightroom? I do believe the stand alone version is still in very common use. Perhaps a separate forum for the last stand alone version?

2. Hal P Anderson

Hal P Anderson Lightroom Guru Staff Member Lightroom Guru

Lightroom Experience:
    Advanced
    Primary OS:
    Windows 10
    Lightroom Version:
    Classic 7
    Lightroom License:
    CC Subscription
    Welcome to the forum! Actually, all the versions of Lightroom are pretty similar. You'd be better off searching for the particular problem you might be having, or simply ask questions in a new thread.

clee01l likes this.