Help! LR won't import/sync images in explorer folder

Status
Not open for further replies.

rooshio

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
I imported images from my camera's SD card and edited them just fine. Just like I always do. After editing them, I've since tried moving the images to a different folder from within lightroom. So, in other words, I'm physically moving the raw (NEF) files across folder structures within windows, but doing so through lightroom so it doesn't get confused about where the negative RAW files are that correspond with the edits I've made in my lightroom catalog.

In lightroom, I dragged and dropped my images to a new folder but got an error message saying that certain images could not be found/moved. If I go to this new folder through windows explorer, though, I see the NEF images are there just fine. But they don't show up in lightroom. Indeed, when I click "sync folder," the dialogue pops up and asks me if I want to import (13) new photos... I check the box and also select "open import dialogue" and click okay.

Instead of the dialogue box, I just see lightroom's progress bar zoom to completion without opening the import window.

i can open these images in photoshop, but for some reason, lightroom can't read them. What's up?

I note from your profile that you are running LR6.1 / CC 2015.1 If this is still true, it could be the source of your problem. Early versions of LR6.x/CC2015.x had some significant bugs that have been corrected in later releases. I suggest strongly that you up date to LR6.9 / CC 2015.9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back