Hi, y'all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
I've found my way over here from the more official forums, and since some of my questions are starting to move from "how do I do X using this app" to more "what's a good way to (organize, edit, etc)" stuff, I thought it might be good to get set up here.

My user name comes from a blog I used to have, and might start using for some of my photography at some point.

As a photographer, I find myself at an interesting point with the release of the new Cloud-native lightroom. I take lots of pictures, and have good gear, but I've lagged far behind when it comes to editing, organizing, and sharing. I've got a small number of pictures on Flickr (and an even smaller number on 500px), and a larger number of photos shared on Facebook, but most of my photography has (until now) been just sitting around waiting for me to get around to doing something with it.

I've been using Lightroom off and on for a few years now, with a Photo Plan subscription. (Photoshop gets used mostly for HDR and panorama merges, which then mostly go unshared.) Much of the reason for the lack of organizing and edits has been a lack of time. At least for the next few months, though, I finally have some time to do stuff with my pictures.

Since the time window has opened up right as the new CC is being released, I've decided to jump into the new release with both feet. After some initial struggles (which I got through with lots of assistance), my Lightroom library is migrated to CC and I'm developing a new workflow - starting with a folder and album structure that's planned out, keywords that are getting noted, set standards for use of stars, and so on.

Welcome to the forum QuestionableAuthority. Sorry we missed saying hello, it’s been a bit manic around here!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back