• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

How to restrict upload from mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cuzzinbrucie

Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Classic
Can someone direct me to documentation on how to restrict/limit photo uploads from my mobile to my desktop catalogue? When I first started using LR and LRM, I enabled LRM mobile and sync. My catalogue was swamped with hundreds of photos from my mobile that I was not ready to deal with. Before I re-install LRM on my phone, I need to know how to restrict the photos that get uploaded to the LR catalogue.

Not sure if you're using iOS or Android version but on iOS, if you press the 'Lr' in the upper left, you'll see 'Auto Add Photos'. Turn that off.

Not sure if you're using iOS or Android version but on iOS, if you press the 'Lr' in the upper left, you'll see 'Auto Add Photos'. Turn that off.
Maybe I wasn't clear. I still want to upload from mobile but ONLY WHAT I SELECT and not the whole library.

Turn off Auto Add. "Click" on Camera Roll at the bottom of Lr Mobile. If the images you want to add are in a different album on your iPhone, choose it from the dropdown (after "clicking" on Camera Roll).
2017-03-13 18.11.56.png

Hi, if you want to cull in LrM then unfortunately as soon as photos are in the App, given an Internet connection, they will upload to the server.

The only way at the moment is to turn data and wifi off I guess. Then back on after you have deleted the ones you don't want.

There is a request on the Adobe Forums for a Pause button to added which would be good, but I don't think they will implement a selective sync option, not for a long while at least.

I've tested, on iOS, turning off Auto Add and selecting images from the camera roll, and no images were added to LrM unless I chose for it to be added. I cannot vouch for whether this works on Android.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back