• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

i made a mistake by synching my file and lost all my pics. what can i do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

algernon

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Operating System:

Lightroom Version:
(Please go to Help menu > System Info to double check the exact version number)

Question or Description of Problem:

You have to give more information than that. Try to explain a little what you did. 'Synching my file' is not something you can do in Lightroom. You can use 'Synchronize Folder' but that does not normally make you lose pictures.

You have to give more information than that. Try to explain a little what you did. 'Synching my file' is not something you can do in Lightroom. You can use 'Synchronize Folder' but that does not normally make you lose pictures.
I think what I did was sync a folder. After doing that I was not able to see the balance of my photos. I had 1700 pics in that folder and now I can only view three of them and I cant figure out how to retrieve the rest. One other issue that I have is, when I upload a photo to develop ,I receive a message that says the file could not be found.

Sounds like you used 'Synchronize Folder' and when Lightroom said that there were missing pictures, you told it to delete these. If that's true, then these pictures are gone from the catalog. Do you have a catalog backup from before you used 'Synchronize'?

Sounds like you used 'Synchronize Folder' and when Lightroom said that there were missing pictures, you told it to delete these. If that's true, then these pictures are gone from the catalog. Do you have a catalog backup from before you used 'Synchronize'?
No I did not ask to delete anything, and I did not have a back up of my pics. Still can’t develop pics in Lightroom.
Folder not found, is the error message.
Help if you can? Thanks

You can't develop pictures if Lightroom doesn't know where these pictures are, and the 'Folder not found' message tells you that. So you will have to find the new location of that folder yourself. It could be moved, or it could be renamed (or both). If you know where it is, then you can 'reconnect' it in Lightroom in the following way. Go to the folder panel and look for the folder. It will be shown as 'missing' with a question mark, but it should still be there. Right-click on it and choose 'Find Missing Folder'. You will get an standard 'Open' dialog. Navigate to the new location of the folder and select it. Done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back