iphone import is putting photos into wrong date folder in Lightroom

Status
Not open for further replies.

azpix

I'm having an issue where lightroom is putting pics taken with my iphone or my wife's iphone in the wrong date folder. example I just did an import and for a photo taken on 07/07/2017 and Lightroom imports it into the folder for 07/23/2017. Has anyone seen this before and or know of a remedy? Thanks!

Last edited:
Check the settings in Lightroom. You can set a folder as destination, and you can set the organisation (dated folders or not). Could it be that you've set 07/23/2017 as destination folder (and no organisation into dated folders)?

I don't think that's the issue, It's a simple bug Lightroom is importing using the Modified date, and not the created date.

I have this problem constantly, some pictures go into the correct folders, and others go into the wrong folders, it's clearly a case of some sort of bug, as I name my images by date and camera model as well as sorting by date, right now from my last input I have a photo called "2016-08-06 18-59-28 iPhone 6s IMG_2420.jpg" sitting in my 2017/December folder, looking at the properties with file explorer I see the file was "Created 21 January 2018" on my file system but modified "12/21/2017" but if you look at the Date captures in the Exif: 8/6/2016" which is the date the picture was taken, I think import is using the modified date, which might be dorked around with due to iTunes backups or some such thing.

I'm not really sure how to file the bug into Adobe, but I'm pretty sure this is the issue.

I brought up this same issue almost a year ago and still have found no solution. Lightroom will import any photo from your phone that you have looked at as well as any that the iphone has randomly decided to change the modified date on (someone suggested it might be the facial recognition software causing the change). It definitely strikes me as a Lightroom bug.

Is there an official forum somewhere for bugs where we can enter this and then upvote it? I'm thinking that the concept now of checking for the last photo you imported, then copying the rest locally and then importing them that way might be the only workaround

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back