JB List view and Person keywords

Status
Not open for further replies.

snapper

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
I have a couple of jobs where I need to be able to create a list of images and people in them. I usually do this with a spreadsheet - using List View to generate a spreadsheet then adding the names.

I've just looked at adding the peoples' names as keywords - then making those keywords People keywords (not a quick process..as you can't sort the keywords by the last one added, and there's no shortcut for the Add keyword modal dialogue (that I can find)

But looking at the output from list view, though I can export keywords, I can't export the People Keywords associated with the image.

@johnbeardy am I missing something here?

Probably because they are set not to export, and you're choosing the export keywords field in as a list column? You might want to try the unofficial ListView version which is the one I am using myself. I just tested exporting people keywords.

Also, my Search and Replace automates copying from Person Shown to Keywords. It's on the Workflow Filters tab.

John

Thanks, John - I think I tried this once so I could import data into LR.

That works - but what I'd really like to do would be to export the People keywords as an extra column.

And looking at Search-Replace, I can copy People keywords to Person Shown, then export the list with Person Shown - or visa versa -I'm adding the names to Person Shown and then I can manage them from there, and they're distinct.

Exporting the people keywords separately would be technically possible, but I suspect it would have quite an impact on performance. I'll think about it.

It's an edge case for me, so if it's hard don't lose sleep on it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back