Keyword Naming on Export

Status
Not open for further replies.

April H

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Hi all,
I have a preset that names the images upon export. It works great except it adds an underscore at the end of every name. I can't figure out how to remove it. Any tips?

keywords.JPG

naming.JPG

Lightroom has an option in its preferences to replace spaces in file names by an underscore. Does your preset perhaps add a space (you may have touched the space bar when you defined the name without realizing it).

not sure why my images aren't showing up.... but I show my preset. I just selected the keywords and insert.

keywords.JPG

naming.JPG

curiosity calling : why add the (new) name on export?
johan's thoughts make sense as it's easy to add a space at the end; however LR usually let you know

curiosity calling : why add the (new) name on export?
johan's thoughts make sense as it's easy to add a space at the end; however LR usually let you know
Because I never rename my imported originals on import, it makes sense to add some descriptive name to the derivative images that usually is not added to the catalog. For this I want to retain the 4 digit part of the original file name and any virtual copy name to reference the derivative back to the cataloged file. I also print the file names on the margin of prints that are from the print module.
My camera club has a monthly competition and digital files submitted need to follow specific naming convention based upon category and maker. For this, I am able to pull the necessary name parts from the keywords so that my derivative files are correctly named in Jeffrey Freidl's Collection Publisher publish process

For me, I have to name each room that I shot and upload the named photos to the website. It's always the same, Kitchen, livingroom, bathroom ect. It's easier to select the keyword and the export action looks for that keyword and names it that on export. Then if I go make changes, I don't have to rename it before I export it again.

If you look at file template editor image, it shows example of what it will be named and there is no underscore there. "shop.jpg" So it wants to do the right thing! lol

For me, I have to name each room that I shot and upload the named photos to the website. It's always the same, Kitchen, livingroom, bathroom ect. It's easier to select the keyword
You might want to automate this by using Jeffrey Freidl's Collection Publisher which employs conditional token-ized naming templates
The Collection Publisher file naming template might look like this:
{IfKeyword=Kitchen;Kitchen}{IfKeyword=Livingroom;Livingroom }{IfKeyword=Bedroom;Bedroom }{IfKeyword=Bathroom;Bathroom}{FilenameNumber}
This way you can have multiple keywords like [Kitchen, 123 AnyStreet, HARMLS #81480724] With multiple keywords your website can parse the keyword list and build your web pages automatically.

thanks for explaining Cletus another way of doing something differently in lR
We all have different needs April; I have never thought about your ideas/needs/ways

I wonder if its thinking you'll have more than 1 keyword, so it's adding the _ to separate them. I'm not at my desktop right now so I can't double check the behaviour (and I'd still call it a bug if there wasn't logic to deal with 1 keyword photos).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back