Lightroom for Android ("Lightroom Mobile") and/or software that will show JPEGs

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrabbyGuy

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Classic
A search of Adobe Labs turned up a few listings for Lightroom Mobile, a product that looks like it was once in development and will either eventually be completed or possibly restarted. (I suppose this is sort of the equivalent of Photoshop Touch.) The most interesting factoid I saw was that it would not require the use of Adobe Flash.

I have two questions on this general topic:

1. Does anyone know anything more that they are willing to share about an Android mobile version of Lightroom? (Victoria?)

2. I am looking to lighten our load on a three-week trip to China in the spring. I gave my wife a new 8.9" Kindle Fire HDX for Christmas. I want to be able to (A) look at the day's pictures and ensure that neither the photographer nor the camera (Sony RX100 and/or Nikon D300) have developed any problems and (B) archive that day's photos somewhere. (Connecting to the cloud in China is not reliable, so I may need to use a Wi-Fi HDD with the Kindle.) I shoot RAW + JPEG and will be content to look at the JPEG version of each photo. Is there currently any Android software that will do this and work on a Kindle?

Many thanks!

I can't share anything, apart from the information that's already been shared publicly. All I can say is that Adobe publicly said they're working on Lightroom Mobile and demo'd an early version. You can also watch an interview on The Grid here: http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/120...ing-lightroom-app-to-ipad-and-android-tablets

As far as Android apps go, I'll have to leave that to our Android users I'm afraid!

For viewing jpegs on my Android tablet I use the app Album from the Google Play Store - seemed to render the photos faster than a couple of others I tried. Don't know if it's available for Kindle. Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back