• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

"Lightroom - Opening Catalog: IMG_8938.JPG.lrcat" comes up and Lightroom won't open

Status
Not open for further replies.

hermindseye

When I try to open Lightroom 3.3 "Lightroom - Opening Catalog: IMG_8938.JPG.lrcat" comes up and Lightroom won't open - instead I get a "Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 64-bit has stopped working." I am on day 20 of a trial and up until today when I tried to create a catalog it was working perfectly - and then this.

I tried to reinstall the program and that didn't work. There is no .lock file on my drive.

Any ideas? I would love to purchase the program, but not if I can't open it. I greatly appreciate any help.

problem solved

,,Thank you Everyone,,Thank You Sir,,Mr Beat,,i had the old version installed again,,works ok,,as before,,not as good as the 3.5 but better safe than sorry again,,all recovered using recuva software,,all my photos back nad backed up,,mayhave to fromat my pc,,or i think i'll save up to buy a dual core ,,with 4gb ram or more,,witha good grafics card,,next year heheh,,cant do it this year..just got my dad a FZ150 lumix,,pretty good camera,,Leica lens mighty sharp!!..

will look for other nicks and naks which i still am fumbling in Lr,,and get back again,,

Thank You Everyone,,Thank You Admin Thank You All

Badacs

Hi ,
I do face the same issue. I use XP as OS.
None of the above methods are working for me :(
The catalog folder doesn't popup either with ALT or CTRL key :(
Search also has not resulted in finding the lrcat :(

Any suggestions please

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back