Lost files/folders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
I have an Apple iMac computer.
I used to store all my Lightroom CC +Photoshop on a portable Hard Disk. I have changed this so that everything is stored on the Computer hard disk. Photoshop found the new location but Lightroom only shows the Ext Hard Drive which is now non existent. How do I change Lightroom settings so that it opens to the files/folders now saved on IMac internal Hard Disk? Many thanks

Right-click on the top folder in Lightroom. In the contextual menu choose 'Find Missing Folder' and navigate to the corresponding folder on your hard disk. Select it and you're done. If you do not have one single top folder, you may have to repeat this a few times.

Thankyou for a quick response. Unfortunately I cannot do what you suggest. I do not have any files listed on left hand side. Under Catologue it says 'All Photographs' 0. Grateful for any further advice, it is very frustrating!

That could be, but most likely because Lightroom expected it on the external disk, it could not find it and created a new and empty catalog. So what you need to do is find that (transferred) original catalog folder, open it and double click on the <catalog name>.lrcat file inside the folder. You only have to do that once: Lightroom will start up with the original catalog, and from now on it knows where that catalog is. After you have started up with the correct catalog, you should see your images but the image folders will still point to the external disk, so they will show as missing. Follow the steps already discussed to solve that.

I have done as you suggest and my files have appeared on the left hand side and the thumbnails on the main screen. Unfortunately the Library Develop etc. headings have disappeared so I cannot tell if I can get into them. I do apologise for my lack of knowledge and I am very grateful for your help so far. Grateful if you can guide me to the next stage.
Am closing down for tonight but will pick up again tomorrow
Many thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back