• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

LR Classic CC 7.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zenon

Did you turn it off and on again?
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Some nice new updates today along with bug fixes. A while ago I asked if you added Auto to the default settings it would analyze each individual file or just apply the last setting to all future imports. I don't suppose that would have changed with the recent update. Analyzing each file would be a nice feature but I guess it would slow imports down.

Some nice new updates today along with bug fixes. A while ago I asked if you added Auto to the default settings it would analyze each individual file or just apply the last setting to all future imports. I don't suppose that would have changed with the recent update. Analyzing each file would be a nice feature but I guess it would slow imports down.

You can't add Auto to the default settings. What you would add is the outcome of the Auto settings for that particular image. What you can do however is create a preset with Auto Tone and apply this preset on import. That will indeed analyse and auto tone each image individually.

So after import select all and the apply the preset? I have never used presets that way. Always individual images.

I think I know what you are saying. I have never applied a preset on import. I'll get going on that. A new challenge.

So after import select all and the apply the preset? I have never used presets that way. Always individual images.
No, not even after import, during import. You can select a preset in the import dialog.

Yes I already found it. Thanks :)

I never knew the Auto Settings preset existed in the LR General Presets. Now that the auto setting has improved it will be better as base to start with.

Thanks again.

Yep, it is a good base. For example, it sets the black and white points without having to use an option-drag to see where clipping is. Pretty handy as it speeds up subsequent adjustment quite a bit.

And per the Lightroom Queen here the new Auto doesn't interfere with camera calibration you might set in bulk, or WB.

And it seems to work really well.

Yes pretty much every window had my adjustments auto applied via default settings except the tone. Here I would use the option key and slider to adjust the blacks, whites, etc. This will be handy for base start.

Not sure I like the amount of vibrance it adds at this point. Happy with the rest.

For what is is worth. Pretty much every window on LR has been adjusted at import via default settings. NR, lens corrections, sharpening. My defaults also include a clarity boost.

All I did was auto applied tone settings at import, cropped and exported. That was it. This was a sunset shot so it is close natures light that evening.

sruYA.jpg

I think I'll be changing my workflow and take advantage of this improved feature. It is like Capture One Pro now. Ready for export out of the box. ;)

I guess there is no way of making any changes to LR's Auto preset.

I guess there is no way of making any changes to LR's Auto preset.

Not yet. What sort of changes do you have in mind?

I find the vibrance a little hot for my taste but I'm just getting used to it. Easy to lower it and sync.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back