LR5 and Snow Leopard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalles Kaviar

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
I've been using LR4 since it came out and I'm VERY happy with it. However, with the new advanced healing brush in LR5 I would like to upgrade. The problem is that I'm running OSX 10.6 Snow Leopard and don't want to upgrade (for many reasons). As there doesn't seem to be any major changes in LR5 compared to LR5, why is it not supported in Snow Leopard? I understand if there really are some major changes under the hood, it is justifiable, but I can't see that here. Can anyone enlighten me?

OSX 10.6 was that last version of OSX to boot into the 32 bit kernel. LR no longer supports the 32 bit architectures. Adobe usually follows the lead of the OS manufacturer. If Apple drops support for 10.6 so will Adobe. Four year old operating systems are considered anti-deluvian.

Nice use of antediluvian...

OSX 10.6 was that last version of OSX to boot into the 32 bit kernel. LR no longer supports the 32 bit architectures. Adobe usually follows the lead of the OS manufacturer. If Apple drops support for 10.6 so will Adobe. Four year old operating systems are considered anti-deluvian.
Thanks. I thought I had 64 bit but then I obviously don't know what it means. Antediluvian lol? The problem is I couldn't care less about the new "features" on the 10.7/10.8. Getting too bloated with cloudy social fluff but I guess I have to give it a think again.

Thanks. I thought I had 64 bit but then I obviously don't know what it means. Antediluvian lol? The problem is I couldn't care less about the new "features" on the 10.7/10.8. Getting too bloated with cloudy social fluff but I guess I have to give it a think again.

I am also confused because I have Snow Leopard and am running in 64-bit.

64bit.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back