Missing Photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beetone

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
A Missing Photographs category has appeared in the Library containing about half of the photos in one particular folder (in Pictures) The only difference between the photos that are deemed “missing” and those that are not, as far as I can see, is that the missing photos do not have a serial number included in the title. All the photos were originally in Aperture, prior to being transferred. I don’t remember why or when the serial numbers had been added, as this occurred some years ago.
How do I move the missing photos to rejoin the others in the folder?
I am using LR v 6.13. with Mac OS Sierra.

A missing photo is a photo that is not in the location where Lightroom expects it to be. Usually that is because the photos were moved to another location, or the photos or their folders were renamed, all outside of Lightroom (in the Finder, for example, or perhaps you used Aperture to move them). Another option is that they are on an external hard disk that isn't mounted right now. We can't tell you were these photos are, you have to find that out.

I know where they are. The "Missing" are in the same folder as the ones which are not missing and always have been. The missing photos have not been moved.
They are not lost. For some reason, they are categorized as "Missing".

I know where they are. The "Missing" are in the same folder as the ones which are not missing and always have been. The missing photos have not been moved.
They are not lost. For some reason, they are categorized as "Missing".

First, run 'Library - Find All Missing Photos'. Lightroom creates a special 'Missing Photos' collection, but that does not get updated automatically. So perhaps these photos aren't missing at all (any more). If Lightroom still says they're missing, then they are missing, period.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back