• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Moving to Lightroom CC

Status
Not open for further replies.

clangsner

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
I know this has been discussed before but I can not find the information. Feel free to send me the link if you find it.

I am upgrading (?) to a Lightroom CC subscription from Lightroom 5. What do I need to do to get all of my files, edited pictures, picture files, presets, and all the rest of the files to move to CC?
Is there a complete list of what and how to move everything into CC that I could follow. I'm competent with using programs, just not that great at the programing and installing side of things.

Any help is appreciated
Thanks

That list would be very short. Just start Lightroom CC. It will most probably detect your Lr5 catalog and ask you if you want to upgrade it. Say yes. Otherwise it will ask you to locate an existing catalog (or create a new one, but you don't want to do that). End of list.

Once you have the CC subscription, open the CC app manager and with it install LRCC. Open LRCC and it should find and convert your LR5 catalog structured file to a LR6 catalog structured file.
Once you have LRCC installed, make sure that you have the latest version of LRCC2015.12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back