Need to redirect Lightroom to new copy of files

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pam Lierer

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
My external HD had/is dying and I copied my files to Google drive but the files that I am working on need now to be some way relinked to Lightroom. How do I tell Lightroom to go look somewhere else for the original files? These are client files that need to be sent off and didn't want to reload and start the editing over.

Right-click on the top folder and choose 'Find Missing Folder'. Navigate to the new location of the folder and select it. Done.

If you copied the folders to Google drive then they probably aren't missing. So you can right-click on the folder on the external hard drive and choose the option to update the folder location and point Lightroom to the folder on Google drive. Same process as described above. One process or the other should get the job done for you.

He said that his external HD had the images, and it was dying. So I assumed that this HD is now no longer connected to his computer, hence I assume that Lightroom will see 'missing images'. If the EHD is still connected, then indeed 'Update Folder Location' will be the menu ("Find Missing Images' won't be available).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back