• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!
Status
Not open for further replies.

oleleclos

Light, Colour, Form and Texture
Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Hi everyone. I joined this forum very recently, but have a longish history in photography. I was a commercial photographer in Copenhagen in the 1970s before going into IT and other businesses, and when I picked up a camera for artistic expression later on, the digital revolution had caught up with photography.

I therefore started working with Photoshop in the mid 90s, but never really got to like it because of its “destructive” nature. I like Lighroom much better for three important reasons: It is non-destructive, it feels very intuitive to someone who knows darkroom techniques, and in addition to being a first class editor, it is a super organisational tool.

In the beginning I was just playing it by ear, but my Lightroom use really took off when I discovered Julianne Kost’s training videos. I’m a big fan but don’t see them mentioned much on this forum, so I hope it’s OK to promote them a bit if people ask how to get started. I can’t think of a better way.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum oleleclos! Great to hear you're enjoying Lightroom so much. Whereabouts on Guernsey? I visited a couple of years ago and fell in love with the island.

Hi Victoria, and thanks. As you know Guernsey is a small island, but half of it still manages to stay fairly rural, mainly to the west and south. That’s where my wife and I are lucky enough to live, near King’s Mills as shown in the attached Google Earth clip.

I hope you enjoyed making pictures while you were in Guernsey. I am in love with the island’s light and colour and have had the chance to show some of my work both in exhibitions and online: Guernsey Light & Colour

Guernsey.jpg

Oh, your photos brought back some lovely memories! I think Guernsey tops the list of my favorite places, and I'd go back in a heartbeat (and no doubt will!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back