Not seeing camera raw 'editor' when importing to PS CS6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob_B

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
I made some changes to photoshop CS6's preferences a few days ago that I unfortunately did not note down in case of troubles. My bad. Now, when editing a raw file from LR, I no longer am presented with the camera raw editor in CS6 prior to starting my edits. I'd like to get that back, but don't know how.

I'd appreciate some advice, and thank you in advance for your help.

Best wishes,

Bob

I think you remember this incorrectly. You should never get the Camera Raw editor when you send an image from Lightroom to Photoshop. What you may remember is the following: if you sent the image to Photoshop as smart object, then you can get the Camera Raw dialog by double clicking on that smart object in Photoshop.

I guess that must be it Johan, but I could have sworn otherwise. No matter, I was just curious and a little worried that I had made an unanticipated change in my workflow. Thank you for your reply.

but I could have sworn otherwise
From Bridge it's possible to open images in Camera RAW without (of before) opening them in Photoshop. Maybe that's what you remembering? (Advanced preferences).

Opening in Camera RAW from Lightroom would not made sense because they both use the same 'engine'.

The last ACR version available for CS6 was ACR 9.1.1. LR5.7 uses the equivalent of ACR8.7 If your CS6 is as up to date as possible, you should be able to pass the RAW file from LR5.x to CS6(PS13) and rendering ACR9.1.1.

PS opens ACR 9.1.1 when I edit using "Open as SmartObject in PS" and also after exporting jpgs from the export menu. For reasons best chalked up to bad memory, I had remembered (incorrectly) that PS also opened ACR 9.1.1 from LR using "Edit In PS CS6". Obviously not. Everything is fine as far as I'm concerned. As I said earlier, it just made me curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back