• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Photo renaming: using more then 1 equipment

Status
Not open for further replies.

babuja

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
4.x
Hi guys,

I've been shooting with more then 1 equipment (nexus, bridge, dslr) and thinking in the best way to photo rename and when to do it.

At this moment im using IMG_"sequencial" in every equipment but ant certain pojnt i will have more then 1 photo with the same name.

Thnk for your time

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

As long as you keep these images in different folders, there is no problem having two images with the same name. One way to avoid it completely is to add the capture date/time as part of the file name.

As long as you keep these images in different folders, there is no problem having two images with the same name. One way to avoid it completely is to add the capture date/time as part of the file name.

Hi Johan, photos are imported in LR to folders organized by year>date>photo, ex. 2017>06.10.2017>IMG_19886.

So far had no troubles with files from different cameras with the same name...but i would like to avoid it. I'll try your suggestion and apply it on import.

Thanks

I'll try your suggestion and apply it on import.

Already reamed all my archive using IMG-"YYYYMMDD"-"sequencial"...and updated my settings to rename on import.

However I'm not sure if the date applied to each photo is the date of creation or the date when import/rename takes place...I'll test it! Thanks guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back