1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lightroom Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to register and post your first thread under Help on the menubar above. You're also welcome to join our newsletter, download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBook and explore our other FAQ resources.
    Dismiss Notice

Photoshop CC 2018 Workspaces

Discussion in 'Photoshop & External Editors' started by Cmax, Jan 9, 2018.

1. Cmax

Cmax New Member

Lightroom Experience:
    Intermediate
    Primary OS:
    Mac 10.13.x High Sierra
    Lightroom Version:
    Classic 7
    Operating System:
    Exact Lightroom Version (Help menu > System Info):
    I have now subscribed to the photography plan and have installed Photoshop. Having only ever been an Elements user (as well as LR) I'm having an issue getting either the Essential workspace or Photography workspace to remain in place once I have closed Photoshop then reopened. When I reopen, all I get is the original welcome screen and I have to go to Window to select a workspace again.
    How do I make a workspace 'sticky'

Regards.

2. johnbeardy

johnbeardy Senior Member Staff Member Moderator Lightroom Guru

Lightroom Experience:
    Power User
    Primary OS:
    Windows 10
    It's in Preferences > General > Options section. Show Start Workspace..... That prevents the "welcome screen" and PS should now open with the workspace laid out as it was when you closed PS.

Personally, even as a long-time Photoshop user I like the welcome screen, especially because it allows direct access to any photos synced to Adobe's Lightroom server. I'd suggest working with it for a while, but you can disable it if you prefer.

3. Cmax

Cmax New Member

Lightroom Experience:
    Intermediate
    Primary OS:
    Mac 10.13.x High Sierra
    Lightroom Version:
    Classic 7
    Thanks John