Pictures disappeared after import

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlie43i

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
I have absolutely no doubt I'm doing something stupid here, but I've had a long day and can't figure it out;

This is also the very first thing I've done having downloaded the trial of Lightroom CC, I've been using lightroom 5 for a couple of years.

Anyway, I went to import my most recent folder of pictures exactly as I normaly would (I open one picture from my folder in lightroom, select all and import). It took a lot longer than I was expecting, and said something about copying that I've never noticed before. Now it shows the folder name in the library folder list on the left, but no photos, I tried repeating the process, but it wouldn't let me import again as the photos were all duplicates, I renamed the folder the photos are in, but they still wouldn't import as they were duplicates. So lightroom has them on the books somewhere, but I can't find them for the life of me.

Thanks in advance for any tips/pointing out whatever the ridiculous thing I've done is

When you import a folder with pictures, you can only add them to the catalog (so leaving the images where they are), or you can move or copy them to another location. The latter is used when you import images from a memory card, for example. It sounds that you may have done just that: let Lightroom move or copy the images to another location. That is why they don't show in the folder you expect them to be, but why Lightroom insists they have already been imported. If you look at the top left of the Lightroom library module, do you see a 'Previous Import' collection? If so, click on it and it should show the images you last imported. If you then select one of those images and choose 'Photo - Go to Folder in Library', Lightroom should show you the folder where they are now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back