PNG file

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACONN

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
I'm thinking about getting a signature logo and it comes in a png file. Can you use PNG files in Lightroom?
thanks

Hi clee
What is a graphic Watermark?

MF64

Hi clee
What is a graphic Watermark?

MF64
There are two types of Watermarks used by Lightroom. One is Text where part of the image is overlaid with Characters in a specific font generated individually from the keyboard. The other type is an image that is overlaid over part of the primary image. The back ground of this graphic images is usually transparent. Here is an example of a text watermark and a graphic watermark:
17424864_10212222485977364_5780530500642290926_n.jpg

17309350_10207230860764366_5964920969900101077_n.jpg

Signature (and graphic) logos are easy to produce yourself if you have Photoshop (or suitable editor)
Photograph, or scan your signature, edit the signature image to make the white background transparent (select and delete), save the image in PNG file format.

PNG images can be imported into Lightroom but cannot be edited in the Develop module. Also they will appear in Lr with the transparent background filled with white, but maintain the transparency if used for a logo/graphic.

Thanks a lot for those beautifull pictures Mr. Cletus.
Same to you Mr. I-See-Light for your quick tips.
Ok. Now all i have to do is just try it out...mmmh.
Is there a section in the user guide where i can learn it step by step?
Please be patient with me.

MR64 (Marco)

There is a video on the topic of PNG as an Identity plate ( a Graphic Logo) at-
https://members.kelbyone.com/books/lr5/
Near the bottom of the page- Video – Creating Transparent Identity Plate Graphic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back