Removing deleted images from a smart collection?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob_B

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
When I first started using LR, I made a series of smart collections to make my workflow a bit more manageable. One of these I call "Rejected Images", which (as you may guess) contains all the rejects from past work contained within my catalog. This collection contains nearly 600 images due to my earlier sloppiness in not removing images during the early stages of my workflow. LR does not permit deletion of a photo directly from a smart collection, but I would like to remove all of these images that extend over multiple years and many separate collections. I know I could go one-by-one through the smart collection rejected images, find each photo's 'home' collection, and either remove the image from the catalog or delete the image completely, but I wonder if there is an easier way of removing these images from my catalog using the smart collection or if not from the smart collection, at least all at once?

Thank you for your advice and suggestions.

Bob

Select all the images in the smart collection and press the 'X' key to flag them as rejected. Then go to 'All Photographs' where you can use the 'Photo - Delete Rejected Photos' menu.

Yet another thing I was doing the hard way because I had forgotten about "All Photographs". Being reminded of these things is another good reason to read the forums even when you don't (realise you) have a problem.

Yet another thing I was doing the hard way because I had forgotten about "All Photographs". Being reminded of these things is another good reason to read the forums even when you don't (realise you) have a problem.
Dan,

These forums are an invaluable resource for the serious Lightroom user. Stick around a bit and you will find yourself contributing your expertise. This is a Good Thing.

Phil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back