selecting Photos in import

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

ClarkEE

No matter how i go about, i cannot select contiguous photos from the preview box in import. (As Mr Kelby explains on Pg 3 of his LR book)
I can select all or deselect all, or select or deselect one photo. But i cannot select one, and then press shift to select a batch? This is very painful if i have a lot of photos from different shoots, as every photo has to be selected individually.

I don't think you can select a single photo then select a contiguous batch using the SHIFT key as you're attempting to do. Select ALL using the SHIFT key, then depress the ALT key and click on the photos you want to exclude from the selection.

As far as I know, the inabilty to select a single file then a contiguous range of files is a limitation of your operating system, not Lightroom. Try to select a single file then a contiguous range in Windows Explorer and you'll see that its not possible. Once you select a single file, the ability to subsequently select a range of files with the Shift key is disabled. So select the range first using Select All or the Shift key, then use the ALT key to exclude the files you don't want.

ClarkEE;699' said:
No matter how i go about, i cannot select contiguous photos from the preview box in import. (As Mr Kelby explains on Pg 3 of his LR book)
I can select all or deselect all, or select or deselect one photo. But i cannot select one, and then press shift to select a batch? This is very painful if i have a lot of photos from different shoots, as every photo has to be selected individually.

Scott uses a Mac so may not know this doesn't work correctly as he describes on a PC>

:)

Don

Shift and Ctrl selection of previews works for me in LR 1.3.1 Import dialog. It doesn't tick the checkbox but the images will be selected (highlighted) and checking or unchecking applies to all that are selected.

I haven't seen SK's demo. How does it show it working.

I seem to remember this not working in earlier versions...

Contiguous selection in Downloader.

DonRicklin;7''9 said:
Scott uses a Mac so may not know this doesn't work correctly as he describes on a PC>

:)

Don
Me again, got the newest Lightroom update, but still cannot select more than 1 photo in import. (Select 1 photo, then shift select, to make multiple selection.) Is it just me that is having problems with this? Its a real pain when i have 2 different shoots with lots of photos. I can do it fine in the library mode.
Chris

Chris, Let me try to clarify what Morey said above. Hand selecting multiple images in the Import Dialog - Show Previews (right-hand) window, is a two-step process:

You use the standard multiple selection tools, click, shift-click for contiguous files, and ctrl-click for discontinous multiple files. This should high-light the selected files. *Then* you click on the check mark on one of the selected files to enable/disable import. You can start with enable/disable all, to get the bulk of the images in the state you want.

If this doesn't solve the problem, can you explain a little more, what you're doing, and what you're seeing in response?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back