Status
Not open for further replies.

Digital Finger

Veni, Vidi, Snappi
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
I play with the sliders a LOT when editing an image I get frustrated at having to double click to reset, it is slow and clumsy compared to a keystroke,

I wish there was a SINGLE Keystroke (not combination) to reset sliders rather than having to accurately double click on the slider name. Ideally a keystroke that would recognise when the cursor was in any of the LR develop panels

Does this ability already exist in LR?

thanks

You would need a unique keystroke for every slider or else have to select the slider and use the special, if it existed, keystroke. Much easier to double click with a mouse.

When I discovered how good a Gaming Mouse was to use it revolutionised my mouse usability. I currently use a Corsair. Using anything else on someone else's system is always a serious shock and makes interfacing with Lr or Ps positively painful. I was also able to program some of the extra keys, so really speeds up my work on lots of apps beyond Lr and Ps.

You would need a unique keystroke for every slider or else have to select the slider and use the special, if it existed, keystroke. Much easier to double click with a mouse.

When I discovered how good a Gaming Mouse was to use it revolutionised my mouse usability. I currently use a Corsair. Using anything else on someone else's system is always a serious shock and makes interfacing with Lr or Ps positively painful. I was also able to program some of the extra keys, so really speeds up my work on lots of apps beyond Lr and Ps.

it shouldn't be complicated to program a single key to reset the slider that is under the cursor and/or the last one moved away from zero

it shouldn't be complicated to program a single key to reset the slider that is under the cursor and/or the last one moved away from zero
Might not be, then again when there are at least 139 sliders in the develop module, it could be a somewhat complex. Yes coding where the cursor's focus is utilized is helpful, but if you would need to move your cursor and hover over a slider (or name) to use the keyboard shortcut, how would it be faster than just one more tiny little action of say double-clicking? Remove the need to hover over a slider, and I think the coding gets more complex.

Might not be, then again when there are at least 139 sliders in the develop module, it could be a somewhat complex. Yes coding where the cursor's focus is utilized is helpful, but if you would need to move your cursor and hover over a slider (or name) to use the keyboard shortcut, how would it be faster than just one more tiny little action of say double-clicking? Remove the need to hover over a slider, and I think the coding gets more complex.

It seems really obvious to me so I'm not sure why I'm having trouble conveying this:I would already be hovering over the key in question as I would already be using it, or, it would at any rate be the last one I used. If I were able to hit say the 'tilde' or 'Z' key (or any in that bottom left quadrant of the keyboard ideally) it would be much faster for me. It would also require me to take my eye away from the image less as I was making adjustments.YMMV

Sadly I doubt it will happen because....
1. You mouse was already over the slider to move it so double clicking isn't much of an imposition
2. There is already an undo keyboard command that works across apps (and thus is easy to remember) and so I doubt Adobe will see the value in coding another undo specifically for the last slider moved.

You could use an autotext/hotkey app and map a single key to send the undo command.

I use a gaming mouse and keyboard (they tend to have extra keys) and many advanced functions are one single key away from me. Additionally each has own software that lets me use the same keys for different functions in different programs.

I looked into the use of a gaming mouse for use with Lightroom/Photoshop. However, they all seem very 'handed' in design - which great. But: not if you are left-handed... :-(

If anyone can recommend a suitable left-handed mouse I would be all ears...

Anthony.

Anthony,
I've got a Logitech G900 which is totally ambidextrous. The keys on the side can be moved from one side to the other, and the mouse is symmetrical. Definitely not a cheap device, though.

Anthony,
I've got a Logitech G900 which is totally ambidextrous. The keys on the side can be moved from one side to the other, and the mouse is symmetrical. Definitely not a cheap device, though.
Hal,

Have you programmed all the buttons for Lightroom use? Did you select this mouse for the programmable buttons or some other reason?

Do you also use a tablet or a Shuttle Pro?

Actually, I tend to use my gaming keyboard for LR and the mouse for gaming.

You could use an autotext/hotkey app and map a single key to send the undo command.
Except that what the original poster wants to do is to set the slider to zero, which is a very different operation from "undo".

logitech G910: 9 programmable keys on the left.

Sadly I doubt it will happen because....
1. You mouse was already over the slider to move it so double clicking isn't much of an imposition
2. There is already an undo keyboard command that works across apps (and thus is easy to remember) and so I doubt Adobe will see the value in coding another undo specifically for the last slider moved.

-I often (usually) miss my double tap on first attempt, more importantly It takes my eye from the image, I can select a slider then watch the image as I move it but I cannot tell without looking at it whether I am back at zero or not. A keystroke would change that.
-undo doesn't solve as I may have tried many small adjustments already
Except that what the original poster wants to do is to set the slider to zero, which is a very different operation from "undo".
exactly:)
I use a Wacom tablet -wide A5-si I could easily program a key but so that would be an option if there was a keyboard shortcut to reset the last slider to zero
Often the slider does not reset upon a double click using the Wacom pen,(taking three attempts or more sometimes) it seems to require more accuracy than a mouse, and taking the eye from the image changes the appreciation of tones temporarily i.e. in other words slows the whole process down

Last edited:
In the MIDI2LR there's a function to be used with keys exactly for nulling. That means that in LR there's an API call for that in the SDK.

3H2S5NP.png

click on the link Diko gave ! Its a plugin that helps map Midi controllers to lightroom functions.
ah I didn't realise it was a link!

thanks for this but I don't know what a MDI controller is nor do I want to use one- I prefer that LR should do these things properly itself
thanks again for trying though:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back