1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lightroom Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to register and post your first thread under Help on the menubar above. You're also welcome to join our newsletter, download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBook and explore our other FAQ resources.
    Dismiss Notice

Strange behaviour with handling of photos in Lightroom mobile

Discussion in 'Lightroom Mobile & Sync' started by paddycochrane, Apr 21, 2017.

1. paddycochrane

paddycochrane New Member

Lightroom Experience:
    Intermediate
    Primary OS:
    Windows 7 64-bit
    hi all,
    Has anyone experienced this somewhat strange issue with photos in lightroom mobile

1. I take photos on my camera (Sony a7r2)
    2. I Transfer photos directly to iPad Pro over wifi in full/original resolution.
    3. I Import photos into Lightroom.
    From here I noticed each time I want to work on a photo, the cloud icon spins/flashes and it says loading original. Weird since the original was transfer to camera.

Then, even once the photo "original" has been loaded, the visible photo is at a lower resolution than the original.

Only until I make a 3 fingered press to toggle between the edited photo and the original does it actually seem to give me access to the higher res version of the photo, which apart from being sharper, also allows me to zoom in much further.

My question is what's happening? Why if I imported the photos in high res does lightroom keep on downloading a different high res version.

Why once the original version is downloaded does the image appear to be lower resolution only until I toggle between original and edited photo?

You help and input is much appreciated.

Paddy C.