This may be a new concept, but how do I find out if it's possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HawaiianEye

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
1st off; I own Lr 6 stand alone.
This example is what "I" would like. And it would only apply to a month to month style subscription.
The concept can apply to any extra add-ons you need.
I can't afford to do this indefinitely, but let's say I install the complete CC for just a month or two,
so I can use and learn another uber expensive program I especially could use later.
In my case that would be AE; After Effects.
Learn to use AE, then back down to CC for Photographers ( Photoshop /Lightroom ) after a month or so.
Then, when/if a project comes up where AE is needed, re-subscribe to complete CC for 1 month.
Get it done, then back down to just Photoshop/ Lightroom CC.
Like I said, this could apply to any of the included programs of the complete CC.
I tried to find out if this was an acceptable "rental" processes for Adobe, but nothing's there.
I googled it repeatedly in different ways, and got directed to the same 2 questions that didn't pertain.
I didn't quite know which forum category to post this. So, I figured I could post it here, and at least some of the ones who are experienced in the CC world could offer direction.
Thanks for taking the time to read and consider this.

My suggestion is to ask Adobe directly.
This forum is not directly associated with Adobe although Adobe staff do look through topics from time to time.

Tony Jay

That's really what I expected to hear.
But, the process of figuring out the "labyrinth of despair " aka;
How to actually contact a human being, after reading pages of FAQ in endless categories, appeared so daunting,
I opted for the idea that someone, maybe someone, on this forum would have figured out whether they could,
on a month to month basis, continuously switch between different CC models, on a as needed basis,
in order to save hundreds of dollars a year.
(That's one hell of a long sentence!)
So, after your answer Tony, I went back to ADOBE and navigated deeper, and actually found a 24hr Chat, contact point,
and got my interesting answer! Thanks!

That's really what I expected to hear.
But, the process of figuring out the "labyrinth of despair " aka;
How to actually contact a human being, after reading pages of FAQ in endless categories, appeared so daunting,
I opted for the idea that someone, maybe someone, on this forum would have figured out whether they could,
on a month to month basis, continuously switch between different CC models, on a as needed basis,
in order to save hundreds of dollars a year.
(That's one hell of a long sentence!)
So, after your answer Tony, I went back to ADOBE and navigated deeper, and actually found a 24hr Chat, contact point,
and got my interesting answer! Thanks!
So what was your answer?

I'm sorry, after the 1st cut-to-the-chase answer, by a Lr guru, it's seemed an expert was saying "This is not the place to find that answer." Directing me away from the forums.
And since the expert didn't know the answer, and nobody seemed even remotely interested, I took his advice and found the answer.
Only after a week, did anyone take an interest.
I never looked back at this thread, until now. So, for those others who are interested:
ADOBE CC comes in 2 flavors. Yearly, or Month to month.
Month to month is the same cost as yearly it seems, only when we're dealing with the photography package. PS/LR CC @ $9.99
Other single product "rentals" (in my case, I was interested in After Effects), have 2 subscription prices. Cheapest= Yearly, Most expensive= month to month.
Thus, if you wish to temporarily add and subtract as needed, After Effects, to your Photoshop/Lightroom $9.99 monthly charge, you would need to pay for After Effects at the more expensive monthly charge.
So, YES! It's possible to do this all you want, according to ADOBE CC rules.
If you want to know what the prices are, because you are wanting to do this with a particular add-on adobe product, go to the Adobe CC product page, and look at the menu.
Cheers!

Thanks for updating the thread. It really helps when questioners return to confirm the suggestions offered or the actual solution if it was not provided. Please pardon my rather snide response above. :banghead: :sorry:

I'm sorry, after the 1st cut-to-the-chase answer, by a Lr guru, it's seemed an expert was saying "This is not the place to find that answer."

Sorry about that. Sometimes things don't come over in quite the way they're meant!

Thanks for updating us with the answer. Adobe change their offerings on a regular basis, so it's hard to keep up with what they're doing outside of the photography world.

No disrespect was ever taken, or given. I couldn't find the answer just doing a "scratch-the surface" google.
And I couldn't find a place here to ask, without already wondering if there was another proper place in the forums to ask it.
So, I wasn't expecting much. Just, kinda "a long shot!"
But, it lit a fire under my butt, and I found the answer! :thumbsup:
We all should probably use friendly emoji's more often, because text carries no tone of voice...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back