Upgraded to Lightroom 6 from Lightroom 5.7

Status
Not open for further replies.

silvercloudii

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
It installed ok and I used for about a day. Restarted the computer the next day and there is no Lightroom exec to start it. Search all the folders - Nothing. Reloaded and the same thing keeps happening?

Welcome to LR forums. Presumably you chose the default location — your Programs folder. You should find the executable there in the "Adobe Lightroom" Folder. You probably are missing the icon on the desktop. Once you find the executable, you can create a shortcut for the desktop, Taskbar, Start menu or Tile Window.

Click on the Windows Start button (1) ...... and start typing Lightroom (2).

If installed Lightroom will appear on a panel as shown here (default on the left side). Click on Lightroom (3). When Lightroom loads, right click on the Lr Icon on the task bar and select the option Pin To Taskbar.

Remove any old Lr icons pinned to the task bar to avoid confusion later.

upload_2017-3-22_10-49-21.png

Welcome to LR forums. Presumably you chose the default location — your Programs folder. You should find the executable there in the "Adobe Lightroom" Folder. You probably are missing the icon on the desktop. Once you find the executable, you can create a shortcut for the desktop, Taskbar, Start menu or Tile Window.

Thank you very much. You information was correct but not. What I finally figured out is that the exec and a lot of other info on my computer was going to Onedrive. I was searching all folders except that. But the info you gave me let me see what was happening. Once again THANK YOU. I assumed I was going craze.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back