• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Using Print Module to create a border.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Photofan

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Hi
I have created a white border around selected images using the print module in LR CC 2015.9

I have exported them as jpegs by selecting 'Print to jpeg' in the print job section - my question is - can I export them this way with their associated keywords still attached ? so that when I reimport them - their keywords will still be there?

Thanks
Joy

I don't think that is possible. You do not really 'export' them, you 'print' them (but to file rather than a printer). You will have to add the keywords manually again on import.

I have never really used the LR print module however I'm finding ON1 OK when it comes to borders >send file LR to ON1> click on your preferred preset> return psd file to LR with original keywords still attached ; although editing information is not there . I'm sure there would be a more professional way and other tricks to do it via ON1
Naturally one could have an action set up in PS to do very similar

I have used LR Mogrify since, well, it seems forever. I always worry that it won't work on the next LR version, since it has not been updated since LR 3 or 4 was around. But, it does work very well. You must first install imagemagic which I never quite understood how to do all it says it can.

So, WHY CAN'T THE DEVELOPERS OF LIGHTROOM ADD THIS LITTLE BORDER FEATURE TO THE EXPORT PROCESS??????? (I have been asking this for years, but not in a very long while, so I thought this would be a good chance). ; ) The coding can't be that difficult.

So, WHY CAN'T THE DEVELOPERS OF LIGHTROOM ADD THIS LITTLE BORDER FEATURE TO THE EXPORT PROCESS??????? (I have been asking this for years, but not in a very long while, so I thought this would be a good chance). ; ) The coding can't be that difficult.

I totally agree with that and it's one of the reasons I have strayed from the adobe camp . They are 90% there with the post crop vignetting panel --- surely it wouldn't be too hard make simple black or white stroking possible for a start to better things . ON1 were smart enough to work it out --- Even coral PSP can do borders and frames! . The real problem is adobe want us to need PS too :( . Adobe is still the big (and old) kid in the block but there seems to be some younger little fry growing up real quick like

As with most things in life, priority decisions have to be made, based on the features that benefit the largest number of users.

Got a link to the feature request, so others can vote on it if they also care deeply about this feature?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back